Friday, 31 May 2013

Celebration on 1 June

Hola guys!Now I have plenty of times to update my blog.I'm so sorry if I had left this blog abandoned.I did want to update my status since my school holiday had started a week ago but I'm clueless.I don't know what to write and everything seems so awkward between me,my blog and my readers.

Well now I have to update anything so that this blog's name will keep raising on.But that could not happen if there is no readers visiting my blog.So I hope there's lots of readers willing to visit my blog everyday.That is enough to increase up my spirit to keep on writing here.

By the way,tomorrow (1 June) is the special day for Dayak ethnics in Sarawak and West Kalimantan.They will celebrate Gawai Dayak tomorrow.I bet today they are busy cooking their traditional foods and cleaning their longhouse!This is some information that I copied from Wiki about Gawai Dayak.Hope you guys will know other ethnics's celebration apart from your own celebration.

This is their traditional clothing.Pretty right??


Gawai Dayak is a festival celebrated in Sarawak and West Kalimantan e.g. on 31 May and 1 June every year. It is both a religious and social occasion. The word Gawaimeans a ritual or festival whereas Dayak is a collective name for the native ethnic groups of Sarawak (and neighboring Indonesian Kalimantan): the Iban, also known asSea Dayak and the Bidayuh people, also known as Land Dayak ans the Orang Ulu (inclusive of Kayans, Kenyahs, etc.). Thus, Gawai Dayak literally means "Dayak Festival". Dayak would visit their friends and relatives on this day. Such visit is more commonly known as "ngabang" in the Iban language. Those too far away to visit would receive greeting cards. If there is a formal invitation to visit, the ngalu pengabang/temuai (welcoming guests/visitors) activity will be performed by the inviting longhouse.




Happy Gawai!Gayu Guru Gerai Nyamai(Long life,health and prosperity) to all my friends that celebrating this celebration!!

No comments:

 
copyright by Izah Assrin